- While headlines show a near 5% rally for gold and almost 8% for silver, those ETFS which track the metals - (GLD +0.4%) and (SLV +0.2%) - have barely budged. ETF investors aren't missing out. Instead, it's the metals' official close of trade time - 1:30 ET - meaning yesterday's massive post-FOMC (2 ET) rally will be reflected in today's price change. Both ETFs - where trading doesn't end until 4 ET - soared yesterday.
- Meanwhile, the non-taper has previously bullish Michael Dudas remaining so, but Commerzbank is more cautious: "Rising equity markets could mean that investors prefer to put their money into equities rather than gold," says the team, which would like to see a trend of inflows into ETFS before getting too excited (money exited again yesterday).
- The miners are giving back some of yesterday's big gains. Up 9% on Wednesday, the GDX is off 2.4% today. The triple-leveraged bull ETF (NUGT -7.5%) gives back some of yesterday's 27% gain, while the triple-leveraged bear ETF (DUST +7.8%) recoups some of yesterday's 27% swoon.
- PM ETFs: GLD, IAU, SGOL, PHYS, AGOL, DGL, UBG, DGP, UGL, DZZ, GLL, DGZ, UGLD, DGLD, GLDI, SLV, SIVR, AGQ, DBS, USV, ZSL, USLV, DSLV, SLVO.
- Gold miner ETFs: GDX, GDXJ, GLDX, PSAU, NUGT, DUST, GGGG, RING.
- Silver miners: SIL, SLVP, SILJ.
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Jun 1, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (May 29, 2015)
at CNBC.com (May 29, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (May 28, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (May 27, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs