- 9to5 Mac: "Every carrier source we’ve talked to and every US retail outlet we’ve heard from has told us that they are only getting in Space Grey iPhone 5S (AAPL +1.6%) devices for sale."
- The site also reports "a few white/silver and even fewer gold iPhone 5s deliveries are trickling in the warehouses but hardly enough for wide dispersal by retail stores."
- There have already been multiple reports this week of limited launch-day 5S inventories in the U.S.
- Meanwhile, analytics firm Mixpanel reports 39% of the iOS devices accessing its network are now on iOS 7. Chitika says iOS 7 grew to make up 18.2% of its monitored iOS Web traffic within 24 hours, which compares with 14.8% for iOS 6 in its first 24 hours. (more details)
- The NYC and SF Attorney Generals have issued a statement urging users to install iOS 7 on account of its Activation Lock feature, which can remotely render a lost/stolen device useless.
- Earlier: Cook defends 5C pricing
More on Apple: Silver/gold 5S models scarce, iOS 7 installs surge
Sep 19 2013, 16:11 ET