- "There will be no update on [the CEO search] today," says new CFO Amy Hood as she kicks off Microsoft's (MSFT +1%) annual analyst meeting. That should please bookies taking odds on who the software giant's next leader will be.
- Hood is, however, expected to detail the changes being made to Microsoft's financial reporting in the wake of its big reorg.
- Thus far, Microsoft has broken out revenue and op. income figures for 5 major divisions: Windows, Business (Office), Server & Tools, Online Services, and Entertainment & Devices. But the reorg does away with those divisions in favor of splitting Microsoft along functional lines (engineering, finance, HR, etc.).
- That, in turn, has stoked concerns Microsoft will try to hide losses racked up by certain businesses, particularly those in Online Services.
- Meeting webcast, live blog
Microsoft analyst meeting starts, no CEO update today
Sep 19 2013, 16:26 ET