- Stock futures tilt slightly negative after the Fed's James Bullard said an October taper is possible but would depend on economic data; S&P -0.1%.
- Bullard also questioned whether it would make sense to remove QE with inflation running so low.
- The yield on the 10-year Treasury inched up to 2.758% from 2.748% late Thursday; crude oil and gold futures are down, reversing some of the recent post-Fed gains.
- European markets are slightly lower ahead of the German elections over the weekend: Asian markets fell, but several countries, including China, were closed.
- It's a quadruple witching day - index futures, index options, individual stock options and individual stock futures all expire on the same day - which could lead to higher volume.