- After tumbling from Sep. 11-16 following its iPhone launch event and general 5C pricing disappointment, Apple (AAPL +0.8%) has since recovered about half its losses.
- In spite of widespread reports of limited 5S supplies, there have been plenty of huge lines at Apple Stores. The 37M iPhones Apple sold in calendar Q4 2011 stands to create a large base of users with expired contracts.
- Apple's U.S. online store indicates a 7-10 business day shipping wait time for space grey and silver 5S models. Gold models won't ship until some point in October. International online stores are providing similar wait times.
- The WSJ reports Apple has asked suppliers to boost gold 5S production by 1/3 due to stronger-than-expected demand. Hong Kong carriers who do brisk business selling phones to mainland Chinese early adopters have seen especially strong interest.
- Up in premarket trading, iPhone/iPad audio codec supplier Cirrus Logic (CRUS -1.7%) is now selling off.
at CNBC.com (Nov 19, 2014)