- BlackBerry (BBRY) expects to report FQ2 (Aug. quarter) revenue of $1.6B, far below a $3.06B consensus. The company also expects to report a GAAP op. loss of $950M-$995M, thanks largely to an inventory charge of $930M-$960M.
- FQ2 smartphone shipments are pegged at 3.7M (mostly BB7 devices, due to BB10 channel inventories), down sharply from FQ1's 6.8M. FQ2 device sell-through is estimated to be 5.9M.
- The company is cutting 4.5K jobs, or approximately 40% of its workforce. It's looking to lower opex by 50% by the end of FY15 (ends Feb. '15). The WSJ recently reported major job cuts were pending.
- BlackBerry's smartphone portfolio will go from 6 devices to 4 (two high-end, two entry-level). The company will focus on the enterprise and "prosumer" markets going forward.
- Strategic alternatives are still being evaluated. Full FQ2 results arrive on Sep. 27.
- Shares remain halted.
Are you Bullish or Bearish on ?
Results for ()
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
From other sites
at Benzinga.com (Fri, 3:35PM)
at Benzinga.com (Thu, 12:50PM)
at Investor's Business Daily (Wed, 6:34PM)
at Benzinga.com (Wed, 2:48PM)
at Benzinga.com (Wed, 2:02PM)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs