- Time Warner's (TWX) HBO has won the most primetime Emmy Awards this year, picking up 27 trophies, including for "Veep," "The Newsroom," and "Boardwalk Empire."
- AMC Networks (AMCX) won best drama for "Breaking Bad."
- CBS's (CBS) Showtime picked up seven awards, including best actress for Claire Danes in "Homeland." In total, CBS won 16 trophies.
- Disney's (DIS) ABC garnered four prizes, such as for best comedy for "Modern Family."
- Netflix (NFLX) won three Emmys out of 14 nominations, the key one being a best director nod for David Finch for "House of Cards." The victory was the first win in a major category for an online video distributor and further cemented Netflix's status as a contender in Hollywood.
Cable networks dominate Emmys, Netflix picks up first award
Sep 23 2013, 05:07 ET