- In contrast to data showing that China's economy is picking up, the country's unofficial "Beige Book" shows that it is slowing down.
- Growth in manufacturing softened, the private survey said, as opposed to government figures that indicate that factory output accelerated in July and August
- The Beige Book also revealed "weakening gains in profits, revenues, wages, employment and prices."
- Meanwhile, Marc Faber, the author of the "Gloom, Boom & Doom Report," has argued that China's economy is growing at annual rate of 4%, well below the government's growth target of 7.5%.
- To back up his case, Faber pointed to trade data from the country's neighbors as a way of assessing Chinese demand.
- ETFs - Stocks: FXI, GXC, PGJ, YAO, FCHI, PEK, CAF, YXI, XPP, FXP, MCHI, YINN, YANG, TCHI, CHXF, KFYP, HAO, ECNS. Bonds: DSUM, CHLC. Currency: CNY, CYB, FXCH
- Shares -0.2%
China's "Beige Book" indicates that slowdown continues
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 27, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 19, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 11, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 20, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 4, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs