- In contrast to data showing that China's economy is picking up, the country's unofficial "Beige Book" shows that it is slowing down.
- Growth in manufacturing softened, the private survey said, as opposed to government figures that indicate that factory output accelerated in July and August
- The Beige Book also revealed "weakening gains in profits, revenues, wages, employment and prices."
- Meanwhile, Marc Faber, the author of the "Gloom, Boom & Doom Report," has argued that China's economy is growing at annual rate of 4%, well below the government's growth target of 7.5%.
- To back up his case, Faber pointed to trade data from the country's neighbors as a way of assessing Chinese demand.
- ETFs - Stocks: FXI, GXC, PGJ, YAO, FCHI, PEK, CAF, YXI, XPP, FXP, MCHI, YINN, YANG, TCHI, CHXF, KFYP, HAO, ECNS. Bonds: DSUM, CHLC. Currency: CNY, CYB, FXCH
- Shares -0.2%
China's "Beige Book" indicates that slowdown continues
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Fri, 10:48AM)
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 19, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 11, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 20, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 4, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs