- The average cost of a mid-tier health insurance plan under Obamacare is $328 a month, price data from the government showed yesterday, just a week before enrollment in the healthcare overhaul is due to begin on October 1.
- As you'd expect, prices were cheaper in the states with more competition.
- The Obama administration hopes to sign up 7M consumers in the first year, with 2.7M young and healthy Americans set to pay for those who are older and sicker. The average premium for a 27-year-old nonsmoker will range from $163-$240 a month.
- Health insurers that intend to sell plans on some exchanges include UnitedHealth (UNH), Aetna (AET), WellPoint (WLP) and Humana (HUM). Molina Healthcare (MOH) is also set to play a role.
- ETFs: XLV, XHE, VHT, FXH, IHF, IHI, IYH, PTH, RYH, PSCH, RXL, RXD, XHS.
Average price of insurance under Obamacare: $328 a month
Sep 25 2013, 03:08 ET