- Global equities are lower as the deadline for a U.S. budget deal draws closer and investors wonder what the Fed will do next after it backed out of tapering last week.
- "We're not seeing a post-Fed party as perhaps the market was initially expecting and that's causing some safe-haven flows," says FXPro chief economist Simon Smith.
- The USD-JPY is -0.2% to ¥98.52 and gold is +0.4% to $1.321.20. The U.S. dollar index is -0.1%.
- In Japan, Tokyo Electron surges 13.2% on its merger with Applied Materials.
- Japan -0.8%, Hong Kong +0.1%, China -0.4%, India -0.9%.
- EU Stoxx 50 -0.1%, London -0.1%. Paris -0.1%. Frankfurt -0.1%, Milan -0.15%, -0.2%.
- U.S. stock futures: Dow -0.4%, S&P -03%, Nasdaq flat.
- ETFs: EFA, IEFA, VEA, ADRD, MFLA, EFO, EFU, PDN, PIZ, EFZ, PXF, EFG, EFV, DZK, DPK, IDLV, DTH, DWM, URTH, FDTS, EZU, VGK, FEZ, EPV, IEV, ADRU, FEP, FDD, UPV, EPV, DFE, FEU, FEEU, ADRA, AIA, VPL, ASDR. AAXJ, AXJS, EPP, GMF, GMFS, AXJL, UXJ, JPX, PAF, ASEA, EEMA, DVYA
World shares fall on U.S. fears
Sep 25 2013, 04:54 ET