- Simon Property Group (SPG) is the latest in a string of issuers raising money in European debt markets as the yield discount to U.S. paper nears its widest in 4.5 years. Simon is selling €750M of seven-year notes yielding 75 bps over swaps, about 122 bps better than it could get in the States.
- Behind the widening is monetary policy - the Fed is making noises about pulling back from stimulus, while the ECB isn't yet close to that point.
- U.S. high yield ETFs: HYG, JNK, PHB, HYLD, HYS, SJB, UJB, SJNK, ANGL, BSJG, BSJH, BSJI, QLTC, XOVR.
- Int'l high yield: IHY, HYXU, PGHY.
- U.S. investment grade ETFs: U.S.: LQD, CBND, CORP, FLTR, FLRN, ITR, LWC, SCPB, VCIT, VCLT, VCSH, IGU, IGS, CSJ, QLTA, QLTB, BSCI, BSCJ, BSCK, BSCL, BSCM.
- International investment grade: PICB, IBND, IBCB, IBCC, IBCD, IBCE, IBDA, IBDB, IBDC, IBDD.
at CNBC.com (Nov 11, 2014)