- South Korea's Hankyung reports TSMC (TSM -0.1%) will manufacture 60%-70% of Apple's next-gen A8 CPUs, and Samsung (SSNLF.PK, SSNGY.OB) the remaining 30%-40%.
- The WSJ reported in July TSMC will begin manufacturing some A-series CPUs in 2014, but added Samsung will remain the primary supplier through year's end (this could still be the case even if TSMC handles a majority of A7 output).
- The A8 is expected to use a cutting-edge 20nm manufacturing process. Both TSMC and Samsung are looking to ramp 20nm production in early 2014.
- Apple's A7, which is found in the iPhone 5S and should (in some form) go into the 5th-gen iPad, is made by Samsung using a 28nm process.
TSMC to reportedly handle majority of Apple A8 CPU production
From other sites
at Zacks.com (Feb 25, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 23, 2015)
at Investor's Business Daily (Feb 9, 2015)
at Investor's Business Daily (Feb 4, 2015)
at Investor's Business Daily (Jan 30, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs