- Japan Tankan large manufacturing index: 12 versus 7 expected and 4 in the quarter through June.
- The print was the highest reading since December of 2007.
- This is welcome news for Prime Minister Shinzo Abe as he prepares to raise the sales tax to 8% from 5% — upbeat economic news reinforces the idea that the Japanese economy can withstand the tax hike.
- Japan August household spending: -1.6% versus +0.1% expected.
- Nikkei +1%, yen -0.39% to ¥98.59.
- ETFs: EWJ, NKY, EWV, EZJ, ITF, JSC, JPP, DXJ, SCJ, DFJ, FJP, JPNL, JPNS, DXJS, JGBT, JGBL, JGBS, JGBD
Tankan survey beats expectations as Abe readies tax hike
From other sites
Video at CNBC.com (Jul 23, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (May 12, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Mar 2, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Nov 20, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Nov 17, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs