- Facebook (FB) has updated its app install ad product to give developers the ability to send reminder ads within Facebook's apps to users who have rarely opened a downloaded app. The ad might feature a prompt such as "Watch Video" that opens up an app when clicked.
- Facebook also discloses its app install ads have now driven 145M downloads; that suggests the download rate has grown quickly from the 25M reported for Q1. 8.4K developers used the ads in Q2.
- Meanwhile, Google (GOOG), which is increasingly competing with Facebook in the online and mobile ad realms (both directly and indirectly), has launched Estimated Total Conversions, a measurement tool for its core AdWords search ad platform that uses Google login data to track ad conversions across devices.
- Google says a travel ad test for the tool led to an 8% increase in tracked conversions, and a 33% increase "conversions that originated on a mobile phone and later converted on different device." Thus, like Enhanced Campaigns, the product aims to integrate PC and mobile advertising, and in doing so lift mobile ad rates.
- BI observes Facebook rolled out a cross-device conversion tracking tool in January. The company is also relying on the purchase of Microsoft's Atlas unit to improve ad measurement.
From other sites
Video at CNBC.com (Thu, 2:00PM)
Video at CNBC.com (Wed, 5:00PM)
Video at CNBC.com (Wed, 4:37PM)
Video at CNBC.com (Wed, 4:18PM)
Video at CNBC.com (Wed, 4:00PM)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs