- Eurozone services PMI climbed to 52.2 in September (flash 52.1) from 50.7 in August.
- Composite output 52.2 (flash 52.1) vs 51.5.
- "The eurozone enjoyed its strongest quarter of expansion for just over two years in the third quarter," says Markit, adding that this bodes well for further growth in Q4.
- Germany - who else - led the expansion, France returned to growth, Spain stabilized, and Ireland and Italy impressed.
- However, the recovery is fragile and growth modest, with eurozone PMI "consistent with GDP rising by just 0.2%" in Q3.
- EU Stoxx 50 +0.05%, euro +0.1% to $1.3597. (PR)
- ETFs - Stocks: EZU, VGK, FEZ, EPV, IEV, ADRU, FEP, FDD, UPV, EPV, DFE, FEU, FEEU. Bonds: EU. Euro: FXE, ERO, ULE, URR, EUO, DRR, EUFX
PMI surveys show eurozone recovery gaining momentum
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Thu, 11:22AM)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 5, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Dec 31, 2014)
at Nasdaq.com (Dec 22, 2014)
at Nasdaq.com (Dec 12, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs