- "Year-end risk is to the upside not the downside," says BAML chief investment strategist Michael Hartnett and team. "The current brief de-risk on Wall Street will likely be followed by a truce in Washington and renewed stock market strength."
- Hartnett sees little to disturb the "Great Rotation" from fixed-income to equities that began about a year ago (see chart of fund inflows). Outflows from stock funds since the D.C. staring contest began are modest compared to the gusher amid the 2011 showdown. "Investors have seen this all before. Call them jaded."
- Finally, he notes the Fed "put" - no chance the central bank tapers amid a tanking stock market.
- The team continues to recommend overweight positions in stocks, high-yield bonds, and emerging markets.
- Relevant ETFs: IYY, VTI, EXT, TOTS, EUSA, ITOT, AGEM, EEM, ADRE, SCHE, GMM, VWO, DEM, EWEM, PXH, PIE, EWX, DGS, EMLB, EDC, EET, EMSA, EDZ, EEV, EUM, TLTE, HILO, EELV, EEMA, EMFT, DVYE, FEMS, EVAL, EGRW, EMCR, IEMG, EMDR, EEME, HYG, JNK, PHB, HYLD, HYS, SJB, UJB, SJNK, ANGL, BSJG, BSJH, BSJI, QLTC, XOVR.
From other sites
at MarketWatch.com (Oct 26, 2012)
at MarketWatch.com (Jul 30, 2012)
at MarketWatch.com (Jun 13, 2012)
at MarketWatch.com (Jul 7, 2011)
at MarketWatch.com (Jul 6, 2011)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs