- Global equities are lower after John Boehner said the GOP won't agree to support legislation to finance the government or raise the debt ceiling until the Democrats agree to talks about reducing the deficit.
- "The U.S. shutdown saga is starting to really roil markets," says Capital Spreads trader Jonathan Sudaria. "What was once thought to be a case of chest thumping by politicians may have been underestimated by markets."
- Japan -1.2%, Hong Kong -0.8%, China closed. India -0.6%.
- EU Stoxx 50 -1.1%, London -0.7%, Paris -1.3%, Frankfurt -1.2%, Milan -0.4%, Madrid -0.8%.
- U.S. stock futures: Dow -0.9%. S&P -1%. Nasdaq -1%.
- Crude -1% to $102.82, Gold +0.05% to $1310.60.
- U.S. Dollar index -0.2%.
- Ten-year Treasury yield -3 bps to 2.62%.
- ETFs: EZU, VGK, FEZ, EPV, IEV, ADRU, FEP, FDD, UPV, EPV, DFE, FEU, FEEU, ADRA, AIA, VPL, ASDR, AAXJ, AXJS, EPP, GMF, GMFS, AXJL, UXJ, JPX, PAF, ASEA, EEMA, DVYA, EFA, IEFA, VEA, ADRD, MFLA, EFO, EFU, PDN, PIZ, EFZ, PXF, EFG, EFV, DZK, DPK, IDLV, DTH, DWM, URTH, FDTS
Continued impasse in Washington hits equities
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 26, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 5, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Dec 31, 2014)
at Nasdaq.com (Dec 22, 2014)
at Nasdaq.com (Dec 12, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs