- Global equities are lower after John Boehner said the GOP won't agree to support legislation to finance the government or raise the debt ceiling until the Democrats agree to talks about reducing the deficit.
- "The U.S. shutdown saga is starting to really roil markets," says Capital Spreads trader Jonathan Sudaria. "What was once thought to be a case of chest thumping by politicians may have been underestimated by markets."
- Japan -1.2%, Hong Kong -0.8%, China closed. India -0.6%.
- EU Stoxx 50 -1.1%, London -0.7%, Paris -1.3%, Frankfurt -1.2%, Milan -0.4%, Madrid -0.8%.
- U.S. stock futures: Dow -0.9%. S&P -1%. Nasdaq -1%.
- Crude -1% to $102.82, Gold +0.05% to $1310.60.
- U.S. Dollar index -0.2%.
- Ten-year Treasury yield -3 bps to 2.62%.
- ETFs: EZU, VGK, FEZ, EPV, IEV, ADRU, FEP, FDD, UPV, EPV, DFE, FEU, FEEU, ADRA, AIA, VPL, ASDR, AAXJ, AXJS, EPP, GMF, GMFS, AXJL, UXJ, JPX, PAF, ASEA, EEMA, DVYA, EFA, IEFA, VEA, ADRD, MFLA, EFO, EFU, PDN, PIZ, EFZ, PXF, EFG, EFV, DZK, DPK, IDLV, DTH, DWM, URTH, FDTS
Continued impasse in Washington hits equities
Oct 7 2013, 04:14 ET