- Germany's trade surplus rose to €15.6B in August from €15B in July and topped consensus of €15.1B.
- Current account €9.4B vs €14.2B and €13.5B.
- Exports recovered to rise 1% on month from a fall of 0.8% but came in below consensus of +1.5%.
- Imports increased 0.4% vs +0.3% and +0.9%.
- "Global trade remains off-color, which is putting the brakes on German exports," says Thomas Gitzel at VP Bank. "The outlook for the coming months is much more promising. Important freight indicators have risen considerably."
- DAX -0.4%, EUR-USD -0.1% to $1.3566. (PR)
- ETFs - Stocks: FGM, EWG, GERJ, EWGS, DBGR. Bonds: BUNL, BUNT, BUND, GGOV
German trade surplus widens as exports recover
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs