- Zulily, which runs flash sales of apparel and other goods aimed at "moms, babies, and kids," is looking to raise $100M and list under the symbol (ZU). Goldman, BofA/Merrill, Citi, RBC, Allen & Co, and William Blair are the underwriters. (S-1)
- The company had 1H revenue of $272M (+114% Y/Y), and a net loss of $2.7M. Gross margin was a healthy 29.6%. Opex rose 86% Y/Y to $78.1M; $50.1M was spent on SG&A, and $28.1M on marketing.
- Zulily had 2.2M active customers at the end of Q2, +93% Y/Y, and generated $214 per active customer in the 12 months ending June 30. 1H average order value was $53.23.
- Rival flash deals providers include Fab and Gilt Groupe. Fab just announced it's shifting away from flash sales; the company has laid off over 1/3 of its workforce over the last two months.
- Previous: Zulily poised to reveal IPO details
at Zacks.com (Nov 13, 2014)