- Zulily, which runs flash sales of apparel and other goods aimed at "moms, babies, and kids," is looking to raise $100M and list under the symbol (ZU). Goldman, BofA/Merrill, Citi, RBC, Allen & Co, and William Blair are the underwriters. (S-1)
- The company had 1H revenue of $272M (+114% Y/Y), and a net loss of $2.7M. Gross margin was a healthy 29.6%. Opex rose 86% Y/Y to $78.1M; $50.1M was spent on SG&A, and $28.1M on marketing.
- Zulily had 2.2M active customers at the end of Q2, +93% Y/Y, and generated $214 per active customer in the 12 months ending June 30. 1H average order value was $53.23.
- Rival flash deals providers include Fab and Gilt Groupe. Fab just announced it's shifting away from flash sales; the company has laid off over 1/3 of its workforce over the last two months.
- Previous: Zulily poised to reveal IPO details
From other sites
Video at CNBC.com (May 11, 2015)
at CNBC.com (May 5, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Mar 27, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Dec 23, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Dec 1, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs