- U.K total trade deficit £3.32B in August vs £3.45B in July and consensus of £2.05B.
- Goods trade deficit £9.625B vs £9.94B and £9B.
- Exports of goods +1.1% on month to £25.1B, imports -0.1% to £34.7B. (PR)
- Industrial production -1.1% on month vs +0.1% in July and consensus of +0.4%.
- On year, industrial production -1.5% vs -1.1% and -0.6%.
- Manufacturing production -1.2% on month vs +0.2% and +0.4%.
- On year, manufacturing production -0.2% vs -0.3% and +1%. (PR)
- The pound takes a tumble and the GBP-USD is now -0.7% to $1.5976. The FTSE is -0.2%.
- ETFs - Stocks: FKU, EWU, EWUS, DXPS. Currency: GBB, FXB.