- Shares of Costco (COST) and Family Dollar (FDO) slip after the retailers report their quarterly earnings.
- Flat traffic and pinched margins were the story at Family Dollar, while Costco showed comparable store sales strength but was hit by higher expenses than forecast.
- Retail analysts think the early read on the sector is that budget-conscious consumers might be ruling the day.
- Related ETFs: XRT, XRT, PMR, RTH, VDC.
- COST -1.4% premarket, FDO -2.7%.
Retail watch: Store traffic slows as wary consumers tighten
Oct 9 2013, 08:23 ET