- A group of former rebels aligned with the Libya's interior ministry has seized Libyan Prime Minister Ali Zaidan and taken him to an unknown destination.
- The head of the Supreme Security Committee for Tripoli says the group, called the Libya Revolutionaries Operations Room, took Zaidan based on false information that an arrest warrant had been issued for him.
- Zaidan's kidnapping highlights the difficulty that Libya has had in restoring law and order since the fall of Muammar Gaddafi in 2011.
- Nymex crude oil is +0.4% to $102.04, Brent is +0.7% to $109.75.
- Major energy companies with interests in Libya, which has Africa's largest proven oil reserves, include Marathon Oil (MRO), Hess (HES), ConocoPhillips (COP), Eni (E), Shell (RDS.A, RDS.B), Exxon (XOM), Repsol (REPYY.PK), Total (TOT) and Apache (APA).
- ETFs: OIL, USO, DBO, OLO, USL, CRUD, UCO, DTO, SCO, SZO, DNO, UWTI, DWTI, BNO, UOIL, DOIL