- The government shutdown could cause device makers such as Google and Apple to postpone the introduction of new smartphones and any other products that emit radio waves.
- With 98% of FCC staff furloughed, there's no-one around to give the final approval that says the devices don't cause interference.
- With output at zero, Commisioner Jessica Rosenworcel says the closure "could be something that’s a real drag on the digital economy the longer it goes on."
- Meanwhile, the WSJ profiles how the businesses and workers are bracing for a protracted shutdown.
- Tech ETFs: QTEC, IGM, IYW, PTF, MTK, XLK, VGT, RYT, FXL, PSCT, TECL, ROM, TECS, REW, TDIV.
at Zacks.com (Jan 12, 2015)