- Was one trade responsible for a sudden $25 drop in the price of gold Friday morning?
- The move lower — which happened in the space of 2 minutes and sent the yellow metal to a three-month low — is being blamed on a market order to sell 5K gold futures contracts, Nanex tells CNBC.
- "About 2,700 went off and tripped the stop logic, halting gold futures for 10 seconds while liquidity replenished. When enough liquidity returned (after 10 seconds), the balance of about 2,300 completed," Nanex remarked.
- The move appears to have affected silver, platinum, and even oil.
- Gold -2.15%, silver -3%, platinum -1.7%, crude -1.6%
- Precious metals ETFs: GLD, IAU, SGOL, PHYS AGOL, DGL, UBG, DGP, UGL, DZZ, GLL, DGZ, UGLD, DGLD, GLDI, SLV, SIVR, AGQ, DBS, USV, ZSL, USLV, DSLV, SLVO
- Oil ETFs - OIL, USO, DBO, OLO, USL, CRUD, UCO, DTO, SCO, SZO, DNO, UWTI, DWTI
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Wed, 9:40PM)
at Nasdaq.com (Wed, 11:26AM)
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 17, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 9, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 27, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs