- Asian and European shares are mixed, and U.S. stocks lower as the deadlock in Washington continued over the weekend. It appears that markets are caught between hope that the debt ceiling will be lifted time and fear that it won't.
- An unexpected fall in Chinese exports has also added some negative sentiment.
- However, Chinese shares rose 0.4%, with train companies soaring on speculation they could participate in the construction of Thailand's high-speed train system.
- Japan, Hong Kong closed; India +0.25%.
- EU Stoxx 50 -0.1%, London +0.1%, Paris -0.3%, Frankfurt -0.3%, Milan flat, Madrid +0.2%.
- U.S. Stock futures: Dow -0.65%. S&P -0.7%. Nasdaq -0.5%.
- ETFs - EZU, VGK, FEZ, EPV, IEV, ADRU, FEP, FDD, UPV, EPV, DFE, FEU, FEEU, ADRA, AIA, VPL, ASDR, AAXJ, AXJS, EPP, GMF, GMFS, AXJL, UXJ, JPX, PAF, ASEA, EEMA, DVYA, FXI, GXC, PGJ, YAO, FCHI, PEK, CAF, YXI, XPP, FXP, MCHI, YINN, YANG, TCHI, CHXF, KFYP, HAO, ECNS, EFA, IEFA, VEA, ADRD, MFLA, EFO, EFU, PDN, PIZ, EFZ, PXF, EFG, EFV, DZK, DPK, IDLV, DTH, DWM, URTH, FDTS.