- Asian and European shares are mixed, and U.S. stocks lower as the deadlock in Washington continued over the weekend. It appears that markets are caught between hope that the debt ceiling will be lifted time and fear that it won't.
- An unexpected fall in Chinese exports has also added some negative sentiment.
- However, Chinese shares rose 0.4%, with train companies soaring on speculation they could participate in the construction of Thailand's high-speed train system.
- Japan, Hong Kong closed; India +0.25%.
- EU Stoxx 50 -0.1%, London +0.1%, Paris -0.3%, Frankfurt -0.3%, Milan flat, Madrid +0.2%.
- U.S. Stock futures: Dow -0.65%. S&P -0.7%. Nasdaq -0.5%.
- ETFs - EZU, VGK, FEZ, EPV, IEV, ADRU, FEP, FDD, UPV, EPV, DFE, FEU, FEEU, ADRA, AIA, VPL, ASDR, AAXJ, AXJS, EPP, GMF, GMFS, AXJL, UXJ, JPX, PAF, ASEA, EEMA, DVYA, FXI, GXC, PGJ, YAO, FCHI, PEK, CAF, YXI, XPP, FXP, MCHI, YINN, YANG, TCHI, CHXF, KFYP, HAO, ECNS, EFA, IEFA, VEA, ADRD, MFLA, EFO, EFU, PDN, PIZ, EFZ, PXF, EFG, EFV, DZK, DPK, IDLV, DTH, DWM, URTH, FDTS.
Global stocks mixed as U.S. debt deadline draws ever nearer
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Aug 8, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Mar 4, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Aug 6, 2013)
at CNBC.com (May 25, 2010)
at CNBC.com (May 11, 2010)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs