- Leerink starts Acceleron Pharma (XLRN -0.3%) at Outperform.
- The company is "pushing innovation boundaries with lead compounds for anemia (Sotatercept, ACE-536) and oncology (Dalantercept)," analyst Marko Kozul says.
- Leerink thinks Sotatercept and ACE-536 "have potential to compete directly with ESAs" such as Aranesp and Epogen (AMGN) and Procrit (JNJ).
- As for Dalantercept (ACE-041), Kozul says it "could be used synergistically with any VEGF-inhibitor."
- Finally, Kozul says XLRN "has important catalysts for almost every quarter through YE14."
- Price target is set at $33.
at CNBC.com (May 29, 2014)