- Canada will force Pay-TV providers to offer a la carte packages to consumers with new legislation, according to Industry Minister James Moore
- A few companies in the nation already offer their customers the ability to pick and choose the networks that they pay for.
- A bill in the U.S. on the issue sponsored by Senator John McCain ruffled a few feathers, but hasn't progressed very far.
- For the most part, the Pay-TV industry has held its model together, although the launch of a widely popular Internet TV service by a tech giant could be the game-changer if Congress stays idle.
- Related stocks: DTV, DISH, CVC, CHTR, TWC.