- U.K CPI rose 0.4% on month in September, as in August, and came in above consensus of +0.3%.
- On year, inflation was unchanged at 2.7% vs forecasts of 2.6%.
- Core CPI rose to +2.2% from 2% previously.
- The largest upward contribution to inflation came from air fares, although this was offset by lower petrol and diesel prices. (PR)
- House-price index +3.8% vs +3.3% in August and consensus of +3.6%. (PR)
- Producer Price Index input -1.2% on month vs -0.7% and -0.4%.
- PPI output -0.1% vs +0.2% and +0.1%. (PR)
- FTSE 100 +0.7%; the pound climbs vs the dollar and is +0.1% to $1.60.
- ETFs - Stocks: FKU, EWU, EWUS, DXPS. Currency: GBB, FXB.