- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company's (TSM) Q3 net profit +5.2% to NT$51.95B ($1.77B), topping consensus of NT$51.71B. Earnings were again driven by demand for high-performance chips from smartphone and tablet manufacturers.
- EPS +5.2% to NT$2 ($0.34 per ADR unit).
- Revenues +14.9% to a record NT$162.58B.
- The results included a NT$1.35B write-off of TSMC's investment in Stion, which reduced EPS by NT$0.05.
- Gross margin 48.5%, operating margin 36.7%, and net-profit margin 32%.
- Shipments of 28-nanometer process technology reached 32% of total wafer revenues; 40/45-nanometer accounted for 20%. Advanced technologies, defined as 40/45-nanometers, and more advanced technologies, accounted for 52% of total wafer revenues. (PR)
TSMC net profit +5.2% to NT$51.95B
Oct 17 2013, 02:49 ET