- Global equities are mostly lower after Washington approved a deal to finance the U.S. government until January 15 and raise the debt limit so that the country can continue to increase its borrowing until February 7.
- The short-term nature of the agreement has markets wary of another stand-off in another three months or so.
- Japan +0.8%, Hong Kong -0.6%, China -0.2%, India -0.4%.
- EU Stoxx 50 -0.6%, London -0.4%, Paris -0.7%, Frankfurt -0.6%, Milan -0.6%, Madrid -0.3%.
- U.S. Stock futures: Dow -0.4%. S&P -0.25%. Nasdaq -0.1%
- ETFs: ADRA, AIA, VPL, ASDR, AAXJ, AXJS, EPP, GMF, GMFS, AXJL, UXJ, JPX, PAF, ASEA, EEMA, DVYA, EZU, VGK, FEZ, EPV, IEV, ADRU, FEP, FDD, UPV, EPV, DFE, FEU, FEEU, EFA, IEFA, VEA, ADRD, MFLA, EFO, MFSA, EFU, PDN, PIZ, EFZ, PXF, EFG, PFA, EFV, DZK, DPK, IDLV, DTH
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 15, 2015)