- Maybe most interesting in wake of the debt deal is the action in the dollar and Treasurys - both of which signal the Fed taper is out of the picture for some time. Yesterday's Beige Book indicated slowing economic growth across 4 of 12 Fed districts.
- Off another 5 basis points in morning action, the 10-year Treasury yield is down to 2.62% from 2.76% just ahead of the deal announcement yesterday. TLT +0.6%, TBT -1.3%.
- The dollar (UUP, UDN) is getting hit across the board, with the euro (FXE), pound (FXB), yen (FXY), and swissie (FXF), aussie (FXA), and loonie (FXC) all posting significant gains. The Swiss franc is the strongest, up 1.1%.
- Treasury ETFs: TLH, TLT, IEF, DTYL, DLBL, ILTB, TENZ, ITE, TLO, EDV, VGIT, VGLT, TMF, TYD, LBND, UBT, UST, TMV, TYO, SBND, PST, TBT, DTYS, DLBS, TBF, TTT, TYNS, TYBS, TBX.
- Currency ETFs: UUPT, UDNT, ERO, ULE, URR, EUO, DRR, EUFX, GBB, FXY, JYN, YCL, YCS.
Taper out of picture? Treasurys rally as dollar heads south
Oct 17 2013, 09:21 ET