- Shares of Morgan Stanley (MS) are +3% in premarket trading, as the firm tops Street estimates for Q3.
- "Lower client activity and market volumes across all products," hit fixed income and commodities, where revenues dive 44% Y/Y to $835M, while lackluster market activity results in an 18% decline in advisory revenues.
- On the bright side, equity sales and trading revenues are up 30% and underwriting revenues for equities and fixed income gain 18% and 11.6%, respectively.
- The firm's push to emphasize the more stable wealth management business looks to be paying off, as pre-tax wealth management income and net revenues rise 170% and 9% respectively.
- Tier 1 capital (Basel I), 15.3%; VaR, $52M versus $61M previous; ROE (ex-DVA), 6.2%. (PR)
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center »
From other sites
Video at CNBC.com (Fri, 1:00PM)
at CNBC.com (Wed, 11:07PM)
Video at CNBC.com (Tue, 6:50AM)
at CNBC.com (Mon, 12:52AM)
at CNBC.com (May 21, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs