- It's no surprise fixed income is a hated asset class, but how much so? Just 4% of respondent's in Barron's Big Money poll of money managers are bullish on the sector, with 85% bearish. By contrast, 79% have a positive view of equities vs. 7% negative.
- Not surprising given negative feelings about the bond market, the utility sector garners the most votes (32%) for being the worst expected performer over the next year. Taking first place for the sector expected to perform best is - what else - tech.
- WIth 91% of managers in agreement, Sears (SHLD) tops the list of most-hated stocks. Next at 87% is Tesla (TSLA). After that with 80% Is Herbalife (HLF), followed closely by ZIllow (Z) and Netflix (NFLX).
- Apple (AAPL) and Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A, BRK.B) top the list of most-loved stocks with 70%, followed by Citibank (C) at 60%.
- Broad fixed-income ETFs: AGG, BND, LAG, SCHZ, BOND, SAGG, MINC.
- Broad equity exposure ETFs: IYY, VTI, EXT, TOTS, EUSA, ITOT.
- Utility ETFs: IDU, PUI, XLU, VPU, RYU, FXU, PSCU, UPW, SDP, UTLT.
at CNBC.com (Nov 18, 2014)