- Japan September exports: +11.5% versus +15.6 expected and +14.6% previous.
- Japan September imports: +16.5% versus +20% expected and +16% previous.
- The big exports miss seems to suggest that "the positive effect of the weak yen may have run its course," RBS' Junko Nishioka notes. Exports to Asia were up just 8.2% Y/Y last month versus 13.5% in August, Reuters notes.
- The Nikkei is +0.8%, shrugging off the lackluster data as the yen is 0.26% weaker against the dollar to ¥97.96.
- ETFs: EWJ, NKY, EWV, EZJ, ITF, JSC, JPP, DXJ, SCJ, DFJ, FJP, JPNL, JPNS, DXJS, JGBT, JGBL, JGBS, JGBD
Japan exports grow less than expected in September
Oct 20 2013, 22:25 ET