- SolarCity (SCTY +7.3%) has been started at Buy by BofA/Merrill.
- Salesforce (CRM +2.1%) has been upgraded to Strong Buy by Raymond James.
- Activision (ATVI +1%) has been started at Overweight by Barclays.
- MA-Com (MTSI +2.7%) has been upgraded to Overweight by Stephens.
- Russian carriers VimpelCom (VIP -0.5%) and MTS (MBT -1.8%) have been cut to Hold by Deutsche, and so has Aixtron (AIXG +3.2%)
- NII Holdings (NIHD -4.3%) has been cut to Underperform by Credit Suisse.
- Celestica (CLS -1.4%) has been cut to Hold by Canaccord.
- Aruba (ARUN +1.7%) has been started at Outperform by Northland.
- Applied Optoelectronics (AAOI +10.9%) has been started at Strong Buy by Raymond James.
- Xoom (XOOM +6.9%) has been started at Buy by SunTrust.
- Montage (MONT -0.4%) has been assigned five bullish ratings, and no neutral/bearish ones, on underwriter coverage day.
A roundup of tech ratings changes
Oct 21 2013, 10:04 ET