- Assets in dividend-themed ETFs have ballooned nearly 50% to $80B this year, according to Ned Davis Research, led by Vanguard Dividend Appreciation (VIG) with $3.2B in inflows, the SPDR Dividend ETF (SDY) with $1.2B, and the Vanguard High Dividend Yield ETF (VYM) with $1.6B.
- Meanwhile, ETFs holding U.S. government debt hold just $67B in assets, with funds like the iShares 3-7 Year Treasury Bond ETF (IEI) seeing several hundred million exit, and the iShares TIPS Bond ETF (TIP) losing a whopping $6.9B.
- The team at Ned Davis recommends looking away from the popular dividend plays and towards a lagging emerging-market alternative, the WisdomTree Emerging Markets Small-Cap Dividend Fund (DGS), yielding 3.3% and up 3.8% this year.
- Dividend ETFs: FDL, FVD, MDIV, QDF, QDYN, QDEF, DIV, CVY, DVY, HDV, IYLD, PEY, PFM, SCHD, SDY, SDYL, DVYL, VYM, DHS, DTD, SYLD, KBWD, SPHD, DLN, DON, HILO, DGRS, DNL, EMDG, DGRW, VIG, DGRE.
- Global dividend ETFs: AXJL, AUSE, GNAT, DTH, DWM, SDIV, DVYE, EDIV, DEM, FDD, FGD, LVL, PID, DEW, WDIV, IDOG, DTN, DOO, IQDF, IQDE, IQDY, IDV, DVYA, DWX, DOL, CCXE, DIM, GULF, DRW, DBU.
- Small-cap dividend ETFs: DGS, DFE, DFJ, DXJS, DES, DLS.
ETF income investors choose dividends over Treasurys
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 25, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Feb 3, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Dec 19, 2014)
at MarketWatch.com (Oct 29, 2014)
at MarketWatch.com (May 27, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs