- Ford (F) saw wholesale volume and revenue jump higher Y/Y in Q3 on robust demand in key regions including Asia and North America.
- Operating margin during the period rose 70 bps to 7.0%.
- The automaker's pre-tax loss in Europe narrowed significantly to $228M as Ford improved its market share on stronger volume.
- In a bit of housekeeping, Ford paid $145M in lump sum payouts for salaried retirees and settled another $700M in obligations.
- The biggest takeaway from Ford's report is that the company expects 2013 profits to be higher than 2012. (PR)
- F +3.9% premarket to $18.21.
Ford's Q3 impresses
Oct 24 2013, 07:32 ET