- Microsoft's (MSFT) new Commercial Licensing reporting segment (inc. Office and Server & Tools licenses, as well as enterprise Windows sales) posted 7% Y/Y revenue growth in FQ1, and accounted for 66% of the software giant's gross margin. Healthy growth for SQL Server, Lync, and SharePoint fueled the increase.
- "Commercial cloud" sales rose 103% Y/Y, contributing to a 28% increase in Commerical Other revenue.
- Windows OEM sales only fell 7% Y/Y after dropping 15% in FQ4. Surface revenue came in at $400M. Overall, Microsoft's Devices and Consumer Licensing revenue fell 7% Y/Y, and D&C hardware rose 37%. D&C Other, which includes Internet services, posted 17% sales growth.
- MSFT +5.8% AH. FQ1 results, PR
- Previous: Microsoft's new reporting segments
Microsoft's enterprise licensing strong, Windows sales decline narrows
Oct 24 2013, 16:43 ET