- The first post-earnings downgrade for American Capital Agency (AGNC) comes from BAML, which removes its Buy rating. The quick take from the company's results (reported last night) shows CIO Gary Kain lightening up the portfolio and shortening duration just as the bond market was set to reverse course and move sharply higher. Today's 11 ET conference call should prove a worthy listen. AGNC -4.7% premarket.
- Armour Residential results show pretty much the same thing, with the book dropping to $16.7B from $22.6B a quarter earlier. ARR -4.1%.
- Other agency players premarket: Annaly (NLY) -1.9%, CYS Investments (CYS) -0.8%.
- Kain's non-agency vehicle: American Capital Mortgage (MTGE) -4.3%.
- ETFs: REM -0.6%. Also: MORT, MORL.
American Capital and Armour results chill mREIT sector
Oct 29 2013, 09:20 ET