- Phillips 66 (PSX) -1.8% premarket as Q3 earnings declined 67%, hurt by a loss in its refining segment due to weaker refining margins.
- The refining segment swung to a $2M loss from a year-earlier profit of $1.5B; during the quarter, 66% of PSX's U.S. crude slate was advantaged vs. 63% a year earlier.
- However, the chemical segment's earnings increased to $262M from $153M last year due to solid utilization rates and stronger margins.
- The midstream segment reported a $148M profit from a year-earlier loss of $72M as margins and volumes improved.
- Says it expects to increase export capability to 500K bbl/day over the next several years.
at CNBC.com (Nov 18, 2014)