- Novavax (NVAX +8.3%) is up sharply in morning trading.
- Helping the cause is FBR's William Tanner, who calls the company "one of the mos compelling small-cap vaccine plays in the biopharma sector by virtue of the vaccine for preventing RSV infection."
- Although Tanner thinks absence of visibility into stockpiling plans makes it "difficult to ascribe much value" to NVAX's pandemic vaccine programs, he says that "if safe and effective, the [RSV] vaccine could have broad utility for preventing infection in pregnant women, neonates (by virtue of maternal vaccination), infants, and young children and the elderly."
- Shares initiated at Outperform.
- Price target is $11, representing upside of around 280% from Tuesday's close.
FBR sees huge upside for Novavax on RSV vaccine potential
From other sites
at 4-traders.com (Tue, 4:10PM)
at 4-traders.com (Tue, 4:02PM)
at CNBC.com (Jan 15, 2015)
at Benzinga.com (Jan 13, 2015)
at Benzinga.com (Jan 9, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs