- 3D Systems (DDD +2.6%) has formed a reseller deal with camera/printer giant Canon (CAJ -0.6%): the latter will sell the former's professional offerings in Japan.
- The deal is the latest in a string of reseller agreements reached by 3D this year: Other partnerships have featured consulting giant Deloitte and IT distributor Synnex.
- Meanwhile, Brean is reiterating a Buy and $70 PT following 3D's Q3 results; the firm thinks 3D can maintain 40%+ top-line growth "for the foreseeable future," and sees margin expansion as a 2H14/2015 catalyst.
- As demonstrated by 3D's Q4 EPS guidance, margins have been pressured lately by rising sales/marketing and R&D investments.
- 3D is making new highs. Rival Stratasys (SSYS +2.9%) is rallying in sympathy, and isn't far removed from its all-time high of $113.49.