- As expected, the Policy Board of the Bank of Japan has maintained its program of expanding the monetary base at an annual rate of ¥60-70T ($611-713B) a year. (PR)
- The BOJ said it is making steady progress in achieving its target of 2% inflation, and reiterated that it expects CPI of 1.3% in 2014-15 and 1.9% a year later.
- The central bank slightly increased its 2014-15 GDP growth outlook to 1.5% from a prior prediction of 1.3% but maintained its 2015-16 forecast at 1.5%.
- The BOJ warned that "overseas economies are performing somewhat weaker than projected" in its April semi-annual report. However, the bank expects those economies "to gradually pick up," mainly in advanced areas.
- The Nikkei is -1.2% and the USD-yen is -0.2% at ¥98.32. (PR)
- ETFs: DXJ, EWJ, FXY, YCS, JGBS, JGBD, DFJ, JYN, NKY, DBJP, EZJ, EWV, YCL, SCJ, JGBL, JSC, JPP, ITF, JGBT, DXJS, JPNL, JPNS, FJP
at Nasdaq.com (Wed, 10:52AM)