- As expected, the Policy Board of the Bank of Japan has maintained its program of expanding the monetary base at an annual rate of ¥60-70T ($611-713B) a year. (PR)
- The BOJ said it is making steady progress in achieving its target of 2% inflation, and reiterated that it expects CPI of 1.3% in 2014-15 and 1.9% a year later.
- The central bank slightly increased its 2014-15 GDP growth outlook to 1.5% from a prior prediction of 1.3% but maintained its 2015-16 forecast at 1.5%.
- The BOJ warned that "overseas economies are performing somewhat weaker than projected" in its April semi-annual report. However, the bank expects those economies "to gradually pick up," mainly in advanced areas.
- The Nikkei is -1.2% and the USD-yen is -0.2% at ¥98.32. (PR)
- ETFs: DXJ, EWJ, FXY, YCS, JGBS, JGBD, DFJ, JYN, NKY, DBJP, EZJ, EWV, YCL, SCJ, JGBL, JSC, JPP, ITF, JGBT, DXJS, JPNL, JPNS, FJP
Bank of Japan maintains loose monetary policy
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 27, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 19, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 3, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 23, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 13, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs