- In tandem with its Q3 results, Proto Labs (PRLB -6.8%) announces CEO Brad Cleveland is resigning once a successor is found.
- Cleveland: "I've been the CEO from $1 million in revenue until today. I've thoroughly enjoyed the experience and would welcome the chance to someday do it all over again in another industry."
- The announcement is leading Proto Labs to sell off even though the prototyping services firm beat Q3 estimates and issued solid Q4 guidance - revenue of $42M-$45M and EPS of $0.35-$0.39 vs. a consensus of $42M and $0.37 - on its CC (webcast).
- Sales of Proto Labs' Protomold injection molding services rose 25% Y/Y in Q3 to $29.5M, and sales of its Firstcut machined parts services rose 39% to $12.5M. The number of product developers served rose 23% Y/Y, and spending per developer rose 5%.
- Domestic sales (73% of revenue) rose 23%, and international sales rose 51%. Gross margin rose 90 bps Y/Y to 61.7%.
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center »
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Aug 7, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Mar 11, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Feb 15, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Jan 28, 2013)
Video at CNBC.com (Apr 9, 2012)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs