iPad Air goes on sale, iPad mini to launch on November 21

• Apple's (AAPL) iPad Air has gone on sale in stores across Asia, with countries in Europe and North America following or set to follow.
  • Hundreds of people are reported to have queued up outside shops in Tokyo and Sydney, although the commencement of sales doesn't seem to have generated the media interest that previous Apple devices attracted.
  • The launch date of the new iPad mini will apparently be on November 21 - Target has listed the date on its Web site and put up a spec sheet for the tablet.
From other sites
Comments (11)
  • raincity
    , contributor
    Comments (226) | Send Message

I have my space grey 32 gb iPad air on order. Pick up tomorrow from Apple store.
    1 Nov 2013, 05:32 AM Reply Like
  • Mike Walker
    , contributor
    Comments (342) | Send Message

IPad Air limit on the on line apple store is two per customer. Tried to order five - no dice.
    1 Nov 2013, 06:34 AM Reply Like
  • ILoveSax
    , contributor
    Comments (17) | Send Message

What is the time of the news release on Friday evening? ie How many iPads were sold? and how many were expected to be sold? Is it a beat or a miss?
    1 Nov 2013, 07:48 AM Reply Like
  • tb2973
    , contributor
    Comments (37) | Send Message

I believe it'll be a beat. Most of my friends talk to buy one.
    1 Nov 2013, 10:16 AM Reply Like
  • sinkler
    , contributor
    Comment (1) | Send Message

Husband just bought one in Philly. It is GORGEOUS!!!!!!, so light and beautiful. I am tempted myself.
    1 Nov 2013, 12:36 PM Reply Like
  • Humble Eagles
    , contributor
    Comments (2150) | Send Message

My old 2 seems like a clunker now. This is really what the iPad should've been all along... pretty close to the perfect device! Surfs faster then my two-year-old MacBook Pro on the Internet. Seems more like a big mini than a new iPad. AT&T's LTE at my house is unbelievably fast. It is much faster than my cable modem. Now I can't afford to hook it up. Even though I don't have AT&T on my cell phones, their new a la carte data plan for tablets convinced me to buy the AT&T iPad.
    1 Nov 2013, 01:57 PM Reply Like
  • ByJove
    , contributor
    Comment (1) | Send Message

It's unlikely they'll announce iPad Air only sales figures, no matter what they are.
    1 Nov 2013, 04:28 PM Reply Like
  • rrosey2
    , contributor
    Comments (776) | Send Message

They will be sold out this Xmas.
    1 Nov 2013, 07:34 PM Reply Like
  • joe canestro
    , contributor
    Comments (4) | Send Message

Has anyone noticed how much all these financial talk show hosts hate Apple. Every time they get a chance to knock them they come right out and do it. As a true believer in Apple it makes me sick. Does anyone else see this? Please let me know.
    1 Nov 2013, 08:22 PM Reply Like
  • rrosey2
    , contributor
    Comments (776) | Send Message

For an hour, CNBC stopped bashing Apple.

They spent the hour bashing Affordable Health Care.

CNBC has competing agenda.
    2 Nov 2013, 03:01 PM Reply Like
  • kindsvjh
    , contributor
    Comments (64) | Send Message

I stopped watching CNBC a long time ago because of Cramer's and Santelli's hysterical screeds. And Joe Kernan's recent inappropriate comment about Sub-Continent Indians should have resulted in his termination. I prefer the reportage on Bloomberg.
    3 Nov 2013, 10:24 AM Reply Like