- HSBC's (HBC) underlying revenue flat at $15.59B; overall revenue +3.5% to 15.08B.
- U.K. and Hong Kong markets contributed over half of HSBC's underlying pretax profit.
- Underlying operating expenses -4% to $9.57B.
- Achieved $400M of cost cuts, taking the annualized total to $4.5B since the start of 2011, which is ahead of plan.
- Loan impairment charges and other credit risk provisions $1.59B vs 1.72B a year earlier.
- Compensation for U.K. customers $428M.
- Restructuring and other related costs $158M.
- Core tier 1 ratio 13.3%
- Outlook: "We see reasons for optimism with some evidence of a broadening recovery." (Previous) (PR)
From other sites
Video at CNBC.com (Jun 10, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Jun 9, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (May 19, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (May 5, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Feb 26, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs