- Eurozone manufacturing PMI edged up to 51.3 (unchanged from flash) in October from 51.1 in September.
- The "modest and fragile recovery continues and remains broad-based, with growth seen in all nations bar France and Greece," says Markit.
- "While the survey was signalling a 2-3% annual rate of decline in industrial production earlier in the year, a 2-3% rate of expansion is now being indicated," Markit adds.
- Increasingly "robust gains" in production in countries such as Spain, Italy and Ireland "suggest that structural reforms to boost competitiveness are starting to pay off."
- The euro is +0.1% at $1.351. (PR)
- ETFs - Stocks: EZU, VGK, FEZ, EPV, IEV, ADRU, FEP, FDD, UPV, EPV, DFE, FEU, FEEU. Bonds: EU. Euro: FXE, ERO, ULE, URR, EUO, DRR, EUFX
at Nasdaq.com (Dec 31, 2014)