- The European Commission has lowered its 2014 eurozone GDP forecast to 1.1% from a prediction in May of 1.2%, while it expects unemployment of 12.2% vs 12.1% prior.
- The EC also estimates that the eurozone's economy will shrink 0.4% this year following a decline of 0.7% in 2012.
- The commission forecast inflation of 1.5% for next year and 1.4% in 2015, with both figures well below the ECB's target of just under 2%.
- The EC projects that Germany, Belgium, Estonia and Ireland will gain momentum in 2014, although it warned that Spain, Greece, Italy and Portugal will experience much weaker growth.
- The euro is -0.1% at $1.3505.
- ETFs - Stocks: EZU, VGK, FEZ, EPV, IEV, ADRU, FEP, FDD, UPV, EPV, DFE, FEU, FEEU. Bonds: EU. Euro: FXE, ERO, ULE, URR, EUO, DRR, EUFX
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 26, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 5, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Dec 31, 2014)
at Nasdaq.com (Dec 22, 2014)
at Nasdaq.com (Dec 12, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs