- The European Commission has lowered its 2014 eurozone GDP forecast to 1.1% from a prediction in May of 1.2%, while it expects unemployment of 12.2% vs 12.1% prior.
- The EC also estimates that the eurozone's economy will shrink 0.4% this year following a decline of 0.7% in 2012.
- The commission forecast inflation of 1.5% for next year and 1.4% in 2015, with both figures well below the ECB's target of just under 2%.
- The EC projects that Germany, Belgium, Estonia and Ireland will gain momentum in 2014, although it warned that Spain, Greece, Italy and Portugal will experience much weaker growth.
- The euro is -0.1% at $1.3505.
- ETFs - Stocks: EZU, VGK, FEZ, EPV, IEV, ADRU, FEP, FDD, UPV, EPV, DFE, FEU, FEEU. Bonds: EU. Euro: FXE, ERO, ULE, URR, EUO, DRR, EUFX
at Zacks.com (Nov 10, 2014)