- Net operating income of $0.16 per share compares to $0.21 in Q2 and $0.27 a year ago. Net asset value of $19.54 per share is up from $19.28 at the end of Q2 and up 12% Y/Y. Compares to today's close of $14.32.
- Not immune to the difficulties of the mortgage REIT sector, ACAS takes a writedown of $119M due to a reduction in projected management fees from American Capital Agency (AGNC) and American Capital Mortgage (MTGE). NOI for the entire quarter was $47M.
- $218M of cash from realizations received during quarter, including $37M from European Capital, which also paid down $79M of its unsecured credit line for a total of $116M in cash proceeds.
- New commitments of just $62M with weighted-average effective interest rate of 10.8%, up 40 bps from Q2. "Though we reviewed and bid on a considerable number of sponsor finance and buyout opportunities, originations were low this quarter," says the firm's Gordon O'Brien.
- Non-accruing loans fell $76M to $245M as two portfolio companies moved into improved performance bucket. Total loans on non-accrual are valued at 56.5% of cost, down 13.7% from Q2. Estimated loss on total loans at cost of $130M, or 8.2%. NOI of $0.16 was reduced by $0.10 due to net impact of investments added/removed from non-accrual status.
- Company expects more action in Q4 and has already closed the recapitalization of CML while merging it with AAIPharma.
- Buybacks: 13.4M shares at average price of $13.11 each. Since start of program in August 2011, company has repurchased 83.8M shares (24% of float) at average price of $11.02.
- Q3 results, press release.
- CC tomorrow at 11 ET.
- ACAS +0.2% AH.
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center »
From other sites
at Zacks.com (Thu, 10:00AM)
at Zacks.com (Mar 24, 2015)
at Zacks.com (Feb 25, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 24, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 23, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs